Achieve Successful Office 365 Deployments in all Virtualized Environments
FSLogix Office 365 Container provides:
True Cached Exchange Mode– with patent-pending OST containerization, Outlook on XenApp and XenDesktop can now function and perform as if locally installed on a high performance virtual workspace session. Users don’t need to compromise email and calendar performance to adopt strategic initiatives like virtual desktops.
Outlook Real-Time Search – enables inbox and personal folder search to work as designed on both XenApp and XenDesktop, with maximum performance, and no workarounds requiring end-user training or unique behavior between physical and virtual environments.
OneDrive for Business – Enable OneDrive for Business in XenApp and XenDesktop. Roam OneDrive for Business user data seamlessly in every virtual desktop environment without the need to resync at each logon.
Plug and Play management – features a micro-application footprint with drop-in installation, GPO templates, simple rules based configuration, and the use of existing CIFS/SMB servers, improving the ROI of existing enterprise infrastructure.
Infrastructure compatibility – works on all major virtual desktop and hosted email solutions, UEM agnostic designed to extend existing infrastructure performance in virtual workspace environments.
“FSLogix gives us true Cached Exchange Mode through its Office 365 Container. Our Outlook launch times went from several minutes to seconds. We also saw a dramatic improvement in the ongoing performance issues when navigating within Outlook such as opening a new email and composing an email, replying to an email, and switching to the calendar. FSLogix removed the roadblock that Cherry Health had reached with its Office 365 migration.”
-- Tim Riegler, Systems Engineering Manager, Cherry Health
For enterprise class performance expected by your end-user community, Cached Exchange Mode (CEM) must be enabled in Outlook. Once CEM is enabled, very large files (.OSTs) will need to persist between virtual workspace sessions. Doing this with traditional approaches like roaming profiles or Folder Redirection will lead to extensive logon times and severe network and performance issues, often times preventing the success of virtual desktop initiatives. To make matters worse, many of these workarounds are supported by Microsoft in a very limited scenario and on a ‘best effort basis’.
FSLogix addressed this problem with the release of our award winning Profile Container solution, launched at Citrix Synergy 2015.
Starting in July, 2016, a subset of FSLogix Profile Containers is now sold as a separate drop-in module, FSLogix™ Office 365 Container, allowing administrators to take full advantage of our Office 365 support without having remove their existing profile or UEM solution. This new offering is the industry’s first drop-in solution that enables true Cached Exchange Mode for all virtual workspaces using Office 365, real time search for virtual desktops, and allows user data to persist/roam in OneDrive for Business.
“[FSLogix Office 365 Container]…seems like a no-brainer to enable functionality that we’ve wanted for the last fifteen years.” - Gabe Knuth, BrianMadden.com, June 30th, 2016
Eliminate Slow Performance
- Recover an average of 40 hours annually per user for Outlook
- Eliminate corrupted OSTs files (mailboxes)
- Reduce helpdesk and support costs
- Reduce CPU utilization by 80%
- Gain 20% Greater Session Density
Dramatically increase acceptance / success rate of projects facing these challenges
- Roam all of Office 365 on XenApp and XenDesktop including OneDrive for Business
- Superfast, enterprise class email on all your virtual desktops
- Cached Exchange Mode with large file support for OST, PST, PAB
- Eliminate the constant deleting of corrupt OSTs
- Works seamlessly with all your existing infrastructure
- Drop-in, simple configuration, and GPO based management
- Recover server and network capacity – and get rid of workarounds!
Learn more about FSLogix™ Office 365 Container from leading industry experts:
- FSLogix adding Folder Redirection Containers to lineup that also supports network OSTs and Profiles (Gabe Knuth, BrianMadden.com, Nov 3, 2016)
- You can finally “redirect” OST files with FSLogix Office Containers! (Gabe Knuth, BrianMadden.com, Jun 30, 2016)
- Fix Office365 performance issues with FSLogix Office 365 Containers for Citrix! (Freek Berson, May 23, 2016)
- Office 365 containers for Citrix from FSLogix (Rob Beekmans, PQR, May 23, 2016)
- The last pieces of the jigsaw – dealing with Office 365 performance issues in virtual environments using FSLogix Office 365 Containers for Citrix (James Rankin, The AppSense Bigot, May 23, 2016)
- FSLogix Office 365 Container for Citrix (Outlook Search on XenApp) Video (Dave Young, FSLogix, Feb 9, 2017)
Use these these additional resources located in the Docs Section
- Office 365 Container Quick Start Guide
- Office 365 Container Product Documentation
- Profile Container Quick Start Guide
- Windows Profile Versions
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What Operating Systems are compatible with FSLogix Office 365 Container for Citrix?
A: Windows 7 and above and Windows 2008 R2 and above. Both 32 and 64 bit versions.
Q: Why can’t I simply use Outlook in Online Mode instead of Cached Exchange Mode (CEM)?
A: You can, but maintaining a stable network connection is critical and users could be subject to very poor Outlook performance.
Q: Does FSLogix Office 365 Container for Citrix work only on Citrix?
A: No. FSLogix Office 365 Container for Citrix is a drop-in installation that works on any version of Windows 7 or above and 2008 R2 and above and is compatible with existing profile management and UEM solutions.
Q: Does FSLogix Office 365 Container for Citrix Outlook Search work only on XenApp?
A: Outlook Search works on both single-user and multi-user environments like standard RDSH, XenApp, and View RDS
Q: What Versions of Outlook on XenApp/RDSH does FSLogix Office 365 Container support?
A: Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
Q: Can I roam the Windows Search Database in both XenDesktop and XenApp?
A: Currently (FSLogix Apps 2.8) if both FSLogix Office 365 Container and Profile Containers are active and configured to roam, then roaming the Windows Search Database will function in both single-user and multi-user environments such as XenDesktop, XenApp, RDSH, RDS etc.
Q: Do I need to have the Windows Search Service Enabled?
A: Yes. You will want to ensure that you have it configured to exclude aspects you do not want indexed.
Q: How is FSLogix Office 365 Container for Citrix licensed?